Sunday, January 11, 2009

D-day (12 Jan 2009): The Rise of 'Prehistoric Warrior'



The day has come when I'll be getting a pair of my favourite roaches, the Hissing Cockroach of Madagascar, Gromphadorhina portentosa, today. I've been craving to get this species ever since I was in Korea. This was the first insect pet that ever intrigued me a lot and their ancient, prehistoric appearances had successfully deviated my interest to entomology. Congrates guys! Farewell ENGINEERING for good and there would be no TURNING BACK and I wont regret it. I first came across this tiny puny of you when I was surfing the net. There were myriad kinds of insect pets I ran into but among them, you guys were rock! Then I realized I had to do something with my lustful desire of getting you guys. So, I went to Shindang (One of the renowned markets in Seoul; where they sell various kinds of pets from snakes, birds, fish and to even tarantulas) to look for you but unfortunately, luck was not on me....I went back and tried to forget u and I remained dormant until I found my first ever insect pet, the lucanid, forgot the sps name...... Jeng Jeng... There they were, came to me in a plastic container from Dylan, a friend of mine. I almost went bananas when I saw them.. only God knows how delightful I was... Still I wasnt sure if they came in pairs since Dylan couldnt sort out the gender. They were like in 3rd instar. Not suree...Anyway, welcome pals. Let today be your day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment